Why I love Glasgow


Before I came to study here, I had visited Glasgow once. I liked the city, but didn't immediately fall in love with it. Now I've been living here for a few months and have truly got to know this city, I can explain exactly why I think Glasgow is amazing.

The people
Glaswegians are the best. Everyone I have met here in Glasgow has just been so polite, so nice and genuinely interested. However, I will be the first to admit that I have had quite a lot of trouble with the accent...

The shops
I love shopping and Glasgow is the perfect place to spend my money. There is Topshop, Urban Outfitters, River Island, Primark and about a billion other stores, all within walking distance from each other.

The buildings
My knowledge about architecture is limited, but I do think that Glasgow, with all its tall historic buildings, is simply beautiful. It just so different from any city in the Netherlands.

The nightlife
Glasgow's nightlife is absolutely brilliant. There are many clubs and bars and getting a taxi never really is a problem. And it doesn't really matter on which night you go either (although Saturdays tend to be expensive).

The views
I love how even when you're right in the heart of the city centre, you will be able to see the hills in the distance. If your Scottish and think this is stupid, just remember we don't have hills in the Netherlands.

The music
Every single day, even now it's absolutely freezing outside, there will be people singing or playing guitar, bagpipes or drums. It might not always sound that great (I'm not a huge fan of the bagpipes), it does provide a nice atmosphere.

Can you think of any other reasons why Glasgow is an amazing city? If you have never visited Glasgow, I highly recommend you do!

0 reacties:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.